Friday, September 16, 2011

ANISE SPICE- Do you like the flavor of Black Licorice?

Have you ever experienced tasting Italian Pizzelles, Black Jelly Beans, Italian Sambuca, Greek Ouzo, Middle Eastern Arak!

Anise is an Annual Plant growing to three feet tall. Anise plants grow best in light, fertile, well drained soil. The plant is a "HERB." used to flavor dishes,drinks,such as teas, liquors, many types of foods and candies with it licorice like flavor.

Sweet and very aromatic Anise is also used in Medicines, it contains a chemical called "Anethole." Anethole is a type of aromatic compound that occurs widely in nature,its distinctly sweet and approximately 15 times sweeter than sugar.

Anethole is said to have anti-microbial properties against bacteria,yeast and funji, and may be effectfive as a natural bug repellent.

I personally like Sambuca for my very strong Black Coffee, after a meal during the fall and winter months of the year. I enjoy black licorice and black jelly beans at any time of the year.

If you haven't used Anise in your adventures in cooking and baking, give it a try, let me know what you think at: frontier22@aol.com

One year ago this week, I established SimBeverage & Spices, because I could not get a full time job. While my business continues to struggle, I am out everyday knocking on doors to make sales of spices. If you know anyone in business that could use spices, pass my email address along to them, and let me know you referred me to your friend, I would really appreciate it.

Have a nice Day, Go Phillies,

Joe
The website www.thespicegod.com is a work in progress as I begin preparing the product line for sale on the internet.
Source of information: WikiPedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment